If you become seriously or long-term ill, you must contact your education programme and inform them of this. Read more about what to do if you get sick.
If you become ill for a longer period of time or get seriously ill, you may want to talk to a student counsellor. You'll find contact information at the bottom of this page.
Do you need to take a break from your studies due to illness you have to send in documentation of your illness by using the form below.
In order for VIA to accept the documentation it must include:
- Clear identification of the medical professional who issued the documentation
- Your full name and CPR number (or other unique identification)
- Information about the period of your illness
- The medical doctor's professional assessment that you were unable to take part in the exam due to illness
- Date of issue of documentation.
Be aware, that documentation must be issued by a medical doctor or a psychiatrist. Statements from e.g. psychologists or physiotherapists can not stand alone.
You must pay the cost associated with acquiring documentation yourself.
Have your documentation ready to upload along with the form.
SU during long-term illness
Contact your SU counsellor or student counsellor if you are facing a potentially prolonged period of illness to find out what you need to be aware of.
If you are prevented from attending classes for a longer period of time, you may also apply for leave of absence. Be aware that you are not entitled to SU during a leave of absence.